Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wail of Sirens

2 posters

Go down

Wail of Sirens Empty Wail of Sirens

Post  Australia Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:20 pm

Something I put together a few months ago. Thinking about editing and adding on.

Again and again, three nights in a row the scene tortured me, twisting my perception of terror. I have never had a dream before. I hear others say it's pleasant, your imagination working at night. But what I saw when I slept was not like they said it would be. It was always rushed, seeming to be in fast forward, yet endless. The bloodshot color of red, the screaming of the sirens wails, was all my consciousness could make out, and the terror was so vibrant, I always woke up the same way.

I would scream at the top of my lungs, thrusting forward to sit up and strangle my silken covers, pressing them so hard to my chest it hurt. I was lost in the darkness for a matter of seconds before I heard the soft footfalls of my sister's feet as they lunged down the stairs and into my room. The lights would flicker on, and they would stand wild-eyed outside the door, and I would choke down my tears and remind myself that it was just a dream. After reassuring me, they would go back to their rooms and dress for school. I would wake up every day at exactly 5:24.

Today, the sirens, the red, the panic woke me up, and once again I sat up, whimpering softly, not wanting to disturb my family on a Saturday. I glanced at the alarm clock. It was exactly 5:23, as always, and the alarm was quietly ringing, as I had tested to see if I would wake up at the same time again. After calming myself down, I threw on some clothes and slapped the alarm clock off. After my morning routine, I quickly tiptoed to the kitchen and stole a granola bar.

I quickly scribbled down a note, granola bar in mouth, saying I would be out doing service hours and that I had my phone with me. Of course that wasn't true- I was going to go see a therapist about my 'dreams'. Hopefully my two sisters wouldn't have a panic attack and search the streets for me.
Grabbing my phone, I stuffed it in my jacket's pocket before heading out and locking the door behind me. With a sigh, I headed down the street.

As I was swiftly marching down the sidewalk, my head bowed, waves of light brown hair covering my freckled face, my green eyes narrowed, deep in thought. What were these 'dreams'? Why am I having them? Should I tell mom? There's the bank, should I go say hi to Uncle? No, he's busy, maybe I-- I was jerked back into reality as tall man shouldered past me, bumping into me. I turned around and chirped, "Sorry." Getting a small glimpse of the man's face. Why did he look so familiar? But he just kept on walking, increasing his speed a bit, clutching the suitcase, his messy brown hair looking so familiar it was frustrating.

I stared a moment longer before turning around and just kept walking. After pondering for a minute or two, I stopped in my tracks, frozen. I was passing the bank. He had a suitcase. His face. It all made sense. He was Roger Quinn, a famous criminal known for stealing great fortunes of money.

Australia
Australia

Back to top Go down

Wail of Sirens Empty Re: Wail of Sirens

Post  scmarshtacky Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:41 am

You should definitely keep adding on to this. Don't stop at a cliffhanger! Wink
scmarshtacky
scmarshtacky

Back to top Go down

Wail of Sirens Empty Re: Wail of Sirens

Post  Australia Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:17 am

lol, thanks. ;3