Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello~ Writng another story

4 posters

Go down

Hello~ Writng another story Empty Hello~ Writng another story

Post  Bella Bee Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:12 am

I think I am going to write another story. Any tips? Also, when I read a story, I often loose interest in it after I write the first chapter, what do you guys do to keep interest?

Bella Bee

Back to top Go down

Hello~ Writng another story Empty Re: Hello~ Writng another story

Post  fishyperson Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:10 am

I often just get as much background detail as possible on the subject, and stick it up on my ceiling, so when I go to sleep, it's the last thing I see.
fishyperson
fishyperson
The Admin
The Admin

http://animonica.myadopts.com

Back to top Go down

Hello~ Writng another story Empty Interest

Post  chododo Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:12 am

To keep interest maybe make an information book about the book, put in lot's of pictures and diagrams, sketch and do poems. Whenever you don't feel like writing the story write or draw in this but make that every day or eveyr two days you at least write one word of the story
chododo
chododo

Location : Where-ever I want to be, my mind will take me there

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Bee Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:38 pm

I love that idea! I will try it!

Bella Bee

Back to top Go down

Hello~ Writng another story Empty Fun

Post  chododo Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:41 am

It's really fun! For one book I'm writing I have a book with a feather on the front and inside a map drawn on bark. It's really cool
chododo
chododo

Location : Where-ever I want to be, my mind will take me there

Back to top Go down

Hello~ Writng another story Empty Some advice (;

Post  The Raven Silhouette Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:07 am

For me, I always avoid reading/writing anything dealing with the genre of what I'm writing.

1) People watching is FUN. You may get some dialogue, which can eventually turn into a scene & maybe even a chapter that could introduce that scene! Grab a pencil or a small notepad and write down the dialogue of conversations around you. Sure, you may seem creepy but ask yourself this: is it creepy when I finally write that scene down, or when I finally become inspired? (;

2) Listen to music. More times than I'd like to admit, I stared at an open Word document or a blank piece of paper. Listen to music & some scene may play through your head. You never know; the mind is a powerful tool, afterall.

3) Find someone to roleplay with! Often times, roleplays are a good source to grab and snatch/recycle ideas.

4) Find someone to do art of a character! I have never heard this used before, but why wouldn't that interest you to go further? Maybe having more background on the character, or trying to help describe them can give you inspiration on a scene.

That's all I've got right now but I'm positive I'll think of/remember more. ^^ When I do so, I'll post more.
Good luck on your story!

The Raven Silhouette

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Bee Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:46 pm

Good ideas! I have already done ordering art on the paper, but I will try the rest.

Bella Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down